Wednesday, July 2, 2014

First of all, let me apologize for the fact that my trophy room to be my kitchen. I went fishing alone and there was nobody to hold the camera.

Yes that's true, it was last saturday, 28 of June, with no plans. Checked the tide table and ..... "wild line fishing" on the spot...
Grab 5 fat smelly frozen sardines, lantern, pliers, knife, hooks, line and a bottle of water. Small fishing kit for conger and moray eel.

Jumped into my 4 wheels, named by my kid as "Buble Bee" just like the transformers, because it is a car, it is all terrain and it's a small monster truck...kids !!! 5 minutes drive and I'm at the beach with a little of sun light, just enough to set my rigs.

Were 2,5 hours well spend that allow me to bring home 2 conger eels. 1 with ~4 kg and a second with ~2,5 Kg.
Lost a couple of hooks and a fish that i can only suspect to be a huge conger or a moray eel.

A medium sized moray, let say 1 to 1,5 Kg, can do so much strength in the end of the line that some time you believe that the hook have been caught in the rocks.
This time was a fish and not the hook stuck in the rock, because at some time I've felt a tremble in the end of the line
After pulling the line to the breaking point, some morays, not this one, come out of the hole. Moray can and will do a knot with their body and they are the fish that i know, with the most stamina and a huge strength in size relation.

There is also the possibility of an 10Kg, or over conger eel. I know they are in the beach, I've spear-fished those big fellows but a big size conger of 10Kg just can not be pulled out of the hole with line. Or you're lucky and pull him before settles in the rocks or it is going to stay with a hook in his mouth for some weeks.

The biggest conger eel i've pull out of the rocks with "wild line", was a 8 Kg buster, some time ago with my pal Pedro, now making life in L.A. with his big family.

A good thing about this fishing is that you are going to do a lot of strength with your legs, jumping from boulder to boulder, rock to rock and even a 2,5 hours fishing will guarantee an excellent night sleep.

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed